- nexfibre publishes its first quarterly update on progress of its nationwide rollout and planned build locations for 2024
- The next stage of nexfibre’s build will see the business significantly expand its footprint across the UK, including significant coverage in Cheshire, Kent, Durham, and with both Wales and Scotland being well-served
7 November 2023, London – nexfibre, the next generation fibre network operator, has today published the first quarterly update of its nationwide rollout plan.
The plan details the significant progress nexfibre continues to make towards its mission of reaching 5 million premises across the UK by 2026, with more than 500,000 premises passed and ready for service (RFS) at the end of September 2023.
With a view of existing footprint, current build, and locations planned for 2024, the map, and accompanying listings, outline the continued expansion of nexfibre’s high-quality, full-fibre network. With broad coverage across the UK, it indicates significant build across Cheshire, Kent and Durham, with Scotland and Wales also being well-served.
Rajiv Datta, Chief Executive Officer of nexfibre, said:
“I could not be prouder of the progress that has been made in ramping up our build programme this year; thanks to the huge efforts of our team and our partners at Virgin Media O2. We continue to accelerate the pace of build as we pursue our mission of transforming access to quality broadband across the UK.
We believe strongly in the quality and capability of our network, and the lasting value it can create in communities across the country. By increasing choice for ISPs, and boosting competition, we are playing a key role in closing the digital divide.”
Backed by Infravia Capital Partners, Liberty Global and Telefónica, nexfibre is well-capitalised and well-positioned to be a long-term wholesale operator, on a national scale.
nexfibre is committed to delivering more choice for ISPs, more competition, and providing people, communities and organisations with the quality connectivity they need to thrive.
Notes to Editors
- The quarterly update of the nationwide rollout plan can be found here.
- nexfibre is a joint venture between InfraVia Capital Partners, Liberty Global and Telefónica and is financed with £4.5 billion of equity and debt investment. It will initially roll out fibre to 5 million premises by 2026, with the opportunity to expand to an additional 2 million premises.
- nexfibre’s investment will provide a major boost to the UK’s digital economy and make a significant contribution to the Government’s gigabit broadband ambitions.
- Virgin Media O2 is nexfibre’s anchor wholesale tenant.
- nexfibre intends to make its network available to other internet service providers. Additionally, nexfibre and Virgin Media O2 together intend to wholesale their networks to other internet service providers creating a national-scale operator, boosting choice and competition in the market.
- For press inquiries, please contact Adam Jones [email protected] or Lauren Maher – [email protected]